It is so easy to incorporate a business management solution when you decide to go into business for yourself. You can pick up QuickBooks for next to nothing and set it up very quickly. This allows you to keep track of the basics, such as, sales orders, invoices, suppliers-invoices, financial statements and inventory.
If you’ve been around for a while, chances are that you have some sort of a hybrid custom program, lots of Excel files, and hand-written notes scattered around your desks. Your focus is to run the business, maintain relationships with existing customers, and a drive to acquire new ones. Upgrading the current business management software priority’s ranks the same as having a root canal. No one wants a root canal.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Right?
But, maybe it is broken and you don’t know until it’s too late, and a painful root canal is the only choice. The What ifs:
- What if you can’t fulfill an order because inventory projections were off and the shipment from China will arrive in six weeks?
- What if you forgot to pay an important supplier and he changed the terms to COD?
- What if your cash flow projections are off and you can’t make payroll?
- What if you get a call from an irate customer, whose order was not fulfilled on time?
- What if you simply outgrew QB and it can’t keep up with your reporting, and enhanced functionality requirements?
How about those nagging Windows upgrades that you can’t do, because they will crash your legacy custom business management software? Leaving you with an outdated Windows platform.
The constant worry about your custom programmer leaving for one reason or another.
And finally, that old faithful server, in the back room, is so outdated, and it is just the question of “when” not “if” it will crash. You are on borrowed time.
Here is the good news! There is a state-of-the-art solution, hosted on the Amazon cloud that can be implemented in parallel to your current system, allowing time to learn it. You decide when it is time to go live and disconnect from the current system.
We are WAC Solution Partners, and are experienced in these implementations. We are a national company with offices in 14 major cities. Each one of our consultants and business analysts has a minimum of 20 years experience.
Written by Ben Hanan
Call us at (213) 262-2565 for a FREE system evaluation and analysis.