Sage 100 vs. Sage 100cloud features.
We attended Sage Summit in San Diego from Feb 13 to Feb 15, 2019. One of the great takeaways was, what is the real difference between Sage 100 (Perpetual) and Sage 100cloud features? And how is the product different from a true cloud product that is on a hosted site and a browser-based software package, as even in my mind as well as many of our customers minds this has always been confusing ever since Sage Rebranded the Sage 100cloud product. We hope this blog helps to explain this. Have listed most of the differences below as well as you can take a deeper dive into this by looking at blue and green chart below.
- Deployment of Sage 100 or Sage 100cloud is same as always or we can offer options, you can have either product installed on your local servers and workstations, it can be hosted on a third party hosted site that maintains the server hardware and you pay an annual or monthly fee us a Remote Desktop Connection to get to the application, or business partners like WAC Solution Partners can take care of the installation and hosting of the Sage 100 or Sage 100cloud product on a server environment such as Amazon Web Services and thus we can offer you Software as a Service (SAAS) with all the benefits. However, this product is not hosted by the Software Publisher Sage. It is not a browser- based product, but the same features that we all love are still there.
- Purchase of Sage 100 and Sage 100c, currently Sage the Publisher only offers new purchases of Software as version Sage 100cloud and it is sold as an annual subscription. Various Product Bundles available are: Essential (Basic Accounting and Financial Functions), Advanced (Intermediate Distribution and Financial Functions) and Complete (Advanced Distribution, Manufacturing and Financial Functions).
- For current customers that operate Sage 100 (Perpetual Licenses) there is a simple upgrade path to get to Sage 100cloud and receive included enhancements that are in the Sage 100cloud version, usually a no cost or limited cost upgrade to the Sage 100cloud version and it is a simple change of unlocking keys with in many cases no new installation of software. Some added programs features need a software installation, however.
- So, what is new? On the Version 2018 Sage 100cloud, Budget & Planning, Office 365 Contacts, Reprint Sales Order from History, Consolidated Sales Order Invoicing. Version 2019 will be adding Point of Sale. Version 2017 added AP Automation, as well as there are many other enhancements will be added in the future. We will also be highlighting some of the new enhancements in future blogs so please stay tuned.
- So, what happens if we get onto Sage 100cloud and stop paying the subscription fee to Sage? This is the Elephant in the room, most of our long-term customers bought Sage 100 years ago and pay their Maintenance/Support agreement plan ever year, so you can think about it already as a subscription. If you stop paying the Sage 100cloud subscription you will still have access to the software, but it will be in read only format and not be able to put new data in. This will allow you to move or migrate your data to some other platform in the future.
How do I find out more information? You can contact us via our Contact Form, call us at 760-618-1395 or email at email@example.com.
Written by Mike Renner: WAC Solution Partners are dedicated to offering business solutions like Sage 100 (formally MAS 90) with over 25 years in the accounting software industry.
Mike is also a Sage Certified Trainer and a recognized leader in the design, implementation and support of ERP systems, including Sage. Specialties: Sage 100 (formerly MAS90), Acumatica, QuickBooks Pro Advisor.