Sage Intelligence Installation Requirements
Mike we have recently upgraded and are installing Sage Intelligence Reporting with our Sage 100 version 2015. We have Excel 2010; will Sage Intelligence work or does it require Excel 2013.
Being a Sage Certified Consultant we have come across this issue several times. The answer is Sage Intelligence will work with Excel 2010, but during the Excel 2010 installation it will not install all the required Visual Basic Studio Tools. Excel 2013 will, so it might just be easier and more effective to just install Excel 2013.
Below are listed the requirements for Sage for this installation:
- Sage Intelligence must be installed as the Network Administrator
- Excel must be installed and activated prior to the Sage Intelligence installation
- Excel must be closed during installation of Sage Intelligence (also check that there are no remaining EXCEL.EXE processes listed in the Windows Task Manager-Processes tab)
- Windows User Account Control must be turned off during installation (requires a reboot after turning off U.A.C.)
- Microsoft V.S.T.O. (Visual Studio Tools for Office) runtime 2010 must be installed
- Microsoft V.S.T.O. runtime 3.0 must be installed
- All Sage Intelligence users must have Full Control level permissions to the following areas:
- MAS90 parent directory (as is also normally required for Sage 100/MAS90)
- The Sage Intelligence Report Repository (displayed at the Report Manager login screen and originally set during Sage Intelligence setup)
- All folders that begin with ‘BI’ and located in C:Program Files(x86 if on 64bit Windows)Common Files
- As with all permissions, if a group policy or domain is in place, those settings must reflect the above requirements
- Must be set as a UNC path on a shared network drive (cannot browse through a Mapped drive to select location either)
- Make sure you are running a compatible version of Excel (Office 365 is not compatible; 64-bit versions of Excel are compatible with Sage 100 2014 and newer only)
- V.B.A. components must be installed in Excel (run a repair/change install of Excel from Control Panel
Sage 100 ERP (formally Sage MAS90/200), Acumatica ERP, Abila MIP Fund Accounting, Abila Grant Management, QuickBooks.