Sometimes a client brings an issue to our attention and we just publish a Sage 100 tips and tricks to address and document the issue and make others are aware of the problem. This is the case here, and it was quite a headache, hope this helps:
Question: My Sage 100cloud times out randomly and I have to shut it down and reopen. It happens several times a day. Below is the error message. Also, it didn’t start happening until I got a new computer with Windows 10. First it will say “Not Responding” and this will come up. Error: “Input output error sy_session.pvc”.
NOTE: We advise that you consult with your certified Sage 100 ERP consultant before making any changes to your Sage 100 system. If you don’t currently work with a Sage 100 consultant, contact us, call 760-618-1395 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are available to help.
Answer: So, we did some research and came across a fairly new knowledgebase article from Sage, here is the just of the solution:
The Input output error sy_session.pvc happens when a user on a workstation does anything in Sage 100cloud because the Microsoft Windows profile is damaged.
Note: Contact a computer professional or your IT department to correct this because they should have detailed knowledge of your network and computer systems. The computer environment is the cause of the problem and this is just what Sage support determined could fix the issue.
- Create a new windows profile for the user to login to the computer with the damaged Windows profile.
- If using a mapped drive created via Group Policy Manager, make sure to uncheck Reconnect and set Action to Update for mapped drive.
- If the error persists, do the following:
- Everyone exit out of Sage 100cloud.
- Browse to the …\MAS90 folder, open MAS_System folder and rename SY_Console.M4T, SY_Activitylog.M4T and SY_Workstation.M4T to .OLD
- These files will be recreated the next time Sage 100cloud is accessed.
- How do I find out more information? Call us at 760-618-1395 or email at email@example.com.
- Written by Mike Renner: WAC Solution Partners are dedicated to offering business solutions like Sage 100 (formally MAS 90) with over 25 years in the accounting software industry.Mike is also a Sage Certified Trainer and a recognized leader in the design, implementation and support of ERP systems, including Sage. Specialties: Sage 100 (formerly MAS90), Acumatica, QuickBooks Pro Advisor.