Recently a customer of ours asked to be able to import from one excel sheet Customer Records into Customer Maintenance and Sales Orders into Sales Order Entry. They obtain the excel sheet from a website that the customer developed that customers could go to and put their information in and then the excel output is downloaded from the website. This project would save our customer many man-hours of manual hand keying into Sage 100cloud. We have explained in a simple outline below the steps needed and basic understanding of how to run Visual Integrator Jobs is assumed.
NOTE: We advise that you consult with your certified Sage 100 ERP consultant before making any changes to your Sage 100 system. If you don’t currently work with a Sage 100 consultant, contact us, call 760-618-1395 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are available to help.
- For the Customer Import we would go to Visual Integrator>Main>Job Import Maintenance. Create a new Job and select AR_Customer as the Table Name. Make sure the Excel File is saved as a CSV file and select the file on Import File.
- Next step is to assign the correct Column locations on the Data Tab. This customer had a default AR_Division and Terms Code and the rest of the column locations were adjusted to match the location on the spreadsheet.
- Our best practices are to do a backup copy of the live company for test. Accept and test the Visual Integrator Job first and then once it is all working it can be used in the live company.
- For the Sales Order import we did very much of the same process and in the case of the Sales Order Import we used the Table SO_SalesOrderHeader. The Data Tab would be adjusted to match the location on the spreadsheet data column locations.
- How do I find out more information? You can contact us via our Contact Form, call us at 760-618-1395 or email at email@example.com.Written by Mike Renner: WAC Solution Partners are dedicated to offering business solutions like Sage 100 (formally MAS 90) with over 25 years in the accounting software industry.Mike is also a Sage Certified Trainer and a recognized leader in the design, implementation and support of ERP systems, including Sage. Specialties: Sage 100 (formerly MAS90), Acumatica, QuickBooks Pro Advisor.