Organizations across all sorts of vertical markets have saved money and grown business by optimizing their Sage ERP with a document management and workflow solution integrated to Sage. The need to go paperless is not limited to a few verticals; it’s widespread!
You too could benefit from document management. With a Sage Endorsed document management solution such as DocLink, you’d no longer waste money on storage fees, shipping, or the cost to recreate lost documents. Think of how long it takes to approve the average invoice. For many, that approval process is tedious – you must wait on other employees without any visibility. Now think of using a mobile application to access, share, and even approve documents all from your phone. How could a solution like DocLink Mobile benefit your business?
Still, we recognize that the decision to ditch the paper can be hard for organizations. We understand that some are simply set in their ways! Perhaps you don’t even realize the business process bottlenecks paper is causing or the unseen cost of manual processes in the workplace.
Read below for a quick look at four very common indicators that you too could benefit by going paperless:
1. If your company has two or more people working in the Accounting Department, you’re probably processing a good volume of invoices! Your approval process likely involves multiple steps and might not offer document visibility throughout. With automated workflow, approvals can be expedited and better managed. You can even delegate tasks to other employees (when you’ll be gone on vacation, for instance) so that business is never at a halt.
2. Does your company have more than one office location? What about remote employees? If so, you might be spending a fair sum of money moving paper between locations. You and your coworkers are probably familiar with the pain of not being able to easily access documents. By going paperless, you can eliminate unnecessary courier and postage expenses—and your employees can spend their time on more productive efforts.
3. If your company uses off-site storage facilities, you’re also spending funds that could be put to use elsewhere! Anyone familiar with the hectic process of pulling out those files will definitely appreciate the ease with which you can access and share documents in an electronic repository. Instead of waiting or asking for someone else’s help, employees can instead serve themselves and access files in your secure document repository.
4. If your company is in any sort of highly-regulated industry such as healthcare, food and beverage or manufacturing, you likely adhere to strict requirements related to the storage, access, and processing of files. This time-consuming process can be completely changed with workflow, output automation, and tight file security and history provided by integrated document management.
Do you fall under any of the categories above? Are you aware of different ways paper is bogging your company down? Join us on our upcoming educational webinar on a Sage-integrated document management solution, DocLink.
Join us for a webinar on May 17 at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) to learn more about DocLink and see it live. See how DocLink can help you:
- Eliminate paper-based bottlenecks like AP invoice approval
- No more chasing down paper, view documents right within Sage
- Allow users to retrieve supporting documents instantly and easily, on any device
- Automate the delivery of documents and associated data to customers, vendors, partners
- Increase control and visibility of transactions
We hope this was helpful. There are many other applications to help save time throughout Sage 100 using tools like Altec DocLink Document Management for Sage . If you have any questions, please contact us, call 760-618-1395 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Mike is an expert on ERP and fund accounting and supports Abila Fund Accounting and Sage 100 ERP with over 25 years in the accounting software industry. Mike is also a Sage Certified Trainer and a recognized leader in the design, implementation and support of ERP systems, including Sage.
Specialties: Sage 100Cloud (formerly Sage MAS90 / MAS200), Abila MIP Fund Accounting™, Acumatica, QuickBooks Pro Advisor