As a certified and experienced Sage 100 consultant, I wanted to share an experience we had with a client who had a technical issue with Paperless Office hanging up. This blog was originally posted in October of 2014 and I have dealt with this issue a few more times since then.
It’s important to first note that you should always consult with your certified Sage 100 consultant before making any changes to your Sage 100 system.
Question: We are a Sage 100 user, we are using the Paperless Office and the printer hangs up indefinitely.
Answer: What to do when Paperless Office hangs up?
1) Check permissions on Sage PDF Converter:
Click on: HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG, Software, Sage PDF Converter, right click select permissions and set full rights to everyone. Apply and OK.
2) In Sage 100, File Run PL_AdvancedOptions_UI
3) Uninstall Converter, then Install Converter.
4) De-install Workstation Setup and then Re-Installed Workstation and run Update.
5) Find Sage PDF Converter from printer properties, install Sage port if not there, on the security tab set full permissions to everyone. Apply and OK.
6) Back to Sage 100, File Run PL_AdvancedOptions_UI and test Sage PDF printer.
This should solve the problem in most cases, Paperless Office printing is done on a machine by machine basis so it is necessary to check these steps on each machine.
Written by Mike Renner: Partner of WAC Solution Partners- Palm Desert, a Sage 100 consultant and support provider based in Palm Desert, CA.
Mike is an expert on ERP and fund accounting and supports Abila MIP Fund Accounting, Acumatica ERP and Sage 100 with over 25 years in the accounting software industry. Mike is also a Sage Certified Trainer and a recognized leader in the design, implementation and support of ERP systems, including Sage.
Specialties: Sage 100 (formerly Sage MAS90/200), Abila MIP Fund Accounting, QuickBooks Enterprise and Acumatica.