We recently had a customer that owns Sage Fixed Assets Network Edition 2019.1 and wanted to upgrade to version 2021.1. This blog is intended to provide instructions to perform this upgrade.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Since you are going from version 2019.1 to version 2021.1 you will need the installation software Sage Fixed Assets 2021.1. This can be obtained from the Sage Advisor Update or Sage customer portal downloads.
- It is also recommended that a backup copy of the current Fixed Assets database be made before you do the upgrade.
- This is what is called an in-place upgrade, so you just install the new software over the top of the existing software. By clicking the setup.exe Icon from the installation file for version 2021.1. The system will guide you through the steps and will finish once completed. During the install you will need to upgrade and convert the company data to the new version levels.
- This portion of the installation will complete the Server Fixed Asset Network installation. You will then need to complete the Workstation installs.
- Remove the current 2019.1 Workstation by going to Control Panel in windows and removing the Depreciation Network Workstation.
- Then you can install the new 2021.1 Workstation, Using windows explorer: Browse to and Run the FASServ \\SFAServ\Network Setup\Setup.exe.
- For any networked computer follow the same procedure as for the Server and remove the version 2019.1 Workstation and install the new 2021.1 Workstation.
- You should now be able to open the new version 2021.1 Sage Fixed Assets program.
If you have questions please contact us at www.caserv.com or 760-618-1395. Please stay tuned for more helpful Sage 100 ERP tips!