Mike, why would we and how can we make a backup company in Sage 100Cloud?
We recommend that our customers make backup or test company’s to test out new ways to use the software without disrupting the live company, training purposes or just to freeze the company data at a certain time period such as year-end or quarter end.
Steps are shown below:
- Go to Modules>Library Master>Main>Company Maintenance and create a new company. In our case we have used TES as should below, and then Accept.
- Click the lookup and again set the Company to the newly created Company and then click the Copy button on the right side of the panel.
- You can then select the Company you want to Copy from as the Source. In our case we are use ABC as the Source Company. You can then click Proceed.
- Then Click Yes to confirm that you want to copy the data. Always suggest that you just double-check one more time the Source and Destination Companies.
- You will see the Copy being completed and once finished you can exit out of Library Master.
If you have questions, please contact us at www.caserv.com or 760-618-1395. Please stay tuned for more helpful Sage 100cloud tips and tricks.
Mike Renner – Partner
WAC Solution Partners
local: 760.618.1395 | toll free: 866.400.0WAC (0922) | mobile: 253.861.3120
Single Source Provider of Turnkey Business Accounting & Management Software