Mike: We own Sage 100 (formally MAS90)
Question: Is there a way you can apply a prepayment in a customer to an actual customer invoice?
Answer: Yes we have run across this issue before, the best way to handle it is using Cash Receipts in Accounts Receivable:
- Open Accounts Receivable, Main, Cash Receipts Entry.
- If the A/R Cash Receipts Entry Batch window displays, perform one of the following:
- Enter a new batch number.
- Select an existing batch number.
- Click the Next Batch button.
- Add a Comment and Accept.
- In the Cash Receipt Deposit window, enter or click the Next Deposit No. button. Note: The next deposit number is stored on the Entry tab in Accounts Receivable Options.
- Enter a description.
- Select a bank code.
- Enter the deposit date (this date should be the same date as the ORIGINAL Cash Receipt that you are reversing.).
- Enter the cash deposit amount as a Zero. Accept.
- Select the Customer,
- For Check number type in APPL20 (or APPL21 etc)
- Leave the amount to be as a Zero.
- Select the Lines tab.
- In the First line, select the Prepayment from the Invoice look up.
- In the Second line, select the Invoice that the prepayment was applied to, and make sure the amount posted is the same as the Prepayment but a positive number.
- Click Accept to save the entry.
- Print and update the Cash Receipts Journal.